.Suitable for freezing
12minutes cooking time
.200 C°, 400 F°, Gas Mark 6
- 4 sheets of Filo pastry
- Fruit of your choice - chopped up apple, tinned fruit, mixed fruit, frozen berries etc.
- Melted butter
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 Large pinch cinnamon or mixed spice (depends on your preference)
- Melt the butter - ask an adult to help you, add the sugar and spice
- In a separate bowl drain canned fruit and chop fruits so it is in small pieces, not much bigger than raisins (If you are using frozen berries you don't need to chop them, but make sure they are defrosted)
- Mix the fruit well, so that each parcel will get a cook assortment
- Brush the filo pastry with a little melted butter
- Add quarter of the fruit mix in the middle of the sheet of filo and gather the sides up and squeeze to make a parcel shape.
- Bake on a baking tray for 12-15 mins, checking regularly.
- Serve warm or cold - lovely with icecream!
Good fruit fillings include:
- Tinned pear or apple and mixed fruit
- Defrosted summer berries
- Apple and blackberries
- Banana and choc spread (don't cut the banana too small)