.Not Suitable for freezing
30minutes cooking time
.150 C°, 300 F°, Gas Mark 2
- Pizza Sauce
- See below for other ideas
- Make a basic bread dough. I always add herbs and smoked paprika to make it a bit tastier.
- Leave to prove until double its size.
- Whilst waiting for your dough prepare the toppings.You can use any vegetables you like but I always like to cook my peppers and onions off for a bit before putting into the calzone.
- If your'e using raw meats then cook them here too.
- When your dough is ready knock the air out of it then tear off portions to make your base.
- Push out the dough into a circle (slightly wet or oiled hands help)
- Add a pizza sauce and your toppings along with generous helpings of mozzarella.
- Fold over and crimp the edges with a slight twist to ensure no leaks. Make sure you patch up any holes with extra dough.
- Bake until golden (approx. 30mins at 180c fan).
- Serve with extra sauce and a grating of parmasan.
- Onions, Red pepper, Sweetcorn, Parma ham, Chorizo, Salami, Mozzarella
- Chicken, Chorizo, Fresh basil, Onions, Red and yellow pepper, Mozzarella
- Courgette, Onion, Red pepper, Spinach, Sweetcorn, Cheddar, Mozzarella
The Howting Family
Isabella and Ben are the cutest half of our family - aged 5 and 3 they keep Mummy and Daddy on our toes! As a family we love getting creative, making a mess (Ben), dressing up (Isabella) and family days out.