20minutes cooking time
- 2 Cups of Plain Flour
- 1 Sachet active dry Yeast
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a bowl add the yeast to the warm water and let it dissolve for about 5 mins
- Brush a large bowl
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and sugar together
- Add the yeast mix and the oil and mix until it forms a sticky dough
- On a floured surface knead the dough for about 1 min. Add more flour if it seems too sticky
- place the dough in the oiled bowl and cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size
- Tip the dough out and knead it to push the air out.
- Roll out the dough
Leek, White Bean and Smoked Haddock Stew
This hearty stew could just as easily be classed as a chunky soup. Leeks and smoked haddock are the perfect bedfellows. It’s really easy to prepare and uses very few ingredients.
Mackerel with Spinach (Macher Chorchori)
Based on the traditional Bengali dish known as ‘chorchori’ (medley) this is variation which I learnt to cook from my father
Leek, Stewed Venison and Wild Mushroom Pies
A proper pie that has a crispy, pastry top. Yum! Give this rich, full bodied pie a go, I can promise you that the combination of delicious British leeks, with venison and wild mushrooms are a match made in heaven.
Leek, Parsnip and Chestnut Soup
I’m a real soup lover and none are complete without the addition of leeks. However, rather than just using leeks as a background flavour, I really want to bring them to life, and pair them with ingredients they really love.
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!