20minutes cooking time
- 2 Cups of Plain Flour
- 1 Sachet active dry Yeast
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a bowl add the yeast to the warm water and let it dissolve for about 5 mins
- Brush a large bowl
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and sugar together
- Add the yeast mix and the oil and mix until it forms a sticky dough
- On a floured surface knead the dough for about 1 min. Add more flour if it seems too sticky
- place the dough in the oiled bowl and cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size
- Tip the dough out and knead it to push the air out.
- Roll out the dough
Leek and Pulled Ham Bubble and Squeak with a Poached Egg
It’s always a wonder what to do with leftovers from a Sunday lunch. A few roast potatoes, a bit of cabbage, a spoonful of stray peas and perhaps a few overly crispy parsnips...
Cathryn’s absolute favourites, a Waldorf Salad. The fresh flavours make for a perfect light lunch and as an added bonus; the meal is full of good dietary fibre. Result!
Chip shop cod fillets
Served with homemade curry sauce, chips & minted mushy peas.
Mackerel with Spinach (Macher Chorchori)
Based on the traditional Bengali dish known as ‘chorchori’ (medley) this is variation which I learnt to cook from my father
It’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Sarah from Xercise4Less gives Raring2go! some great ideas for family fun to keep fit and healthy. Don't get stuck indoors just because it is winter. Dark mornings, cold blustery evenings and it seems we would all rather reach for our duvet than even contemplate heading outdoors to get active! Remember it’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!