20minutes cooking time
- 2 Cups of Plain Flour
- 1 Sachet active dry Yeast
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a bowl add the yeast to the warm water and let it dissolve for about 5 mins
- Brush a large bowl
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and sugar together
- Add the yeast mix and the oil and mix until it forms a sticky dough
- On a floured surface knead the dough for about 1 min. Add more flour if it seems too sticky
- place the dough in the oiled bowl and cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size
- Tip the dough out and knead it to push the air out.
- Roll out the dough
Rice and Raisin Pilaf
For a dinner party dish, you’ll be ‘hostess with the mostess’ with Cathryn’s delicious raisin and rice pilaf. This humble dish is a blend of both sweet and savoury flavours with a regal past, once served at banquets for Alexander the Great.
Treat the family to pizza with a difference
Chicken and Pea Risotto
This is a really simple, but tasty meal.
Leek, Stewed Venison and Wild Mushroom Pies
A proper pie that has a crispy, pastry top. Yum! Give this rich, full bodied pie a go, I can promise you that the combination of delicious British leeks, with venison and wild mushrooms are a match made in heaven.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!