Christmas Bubble and Squeak
- Makes 1 Portions
- Not Suitable for freezing
- Preparation 5 minutes
- 5 minutes cooking time
- 140 C°, 275 F°, Gas Mark 1
- 300 Cooked Kalettes® chopped up
- 400g Cold roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes
- 50g Goose fat
- Bacon, chipolatas, turkey or vegetables and any other meat left over like ham or goose
- In a large bowl put the potatoes, Kalettes®, sliced bacon and turkey plus any other vegetables, stuffing or chipolatas that you have left over.
- Melt some goose fat or butter and add to the mix.
- Season the bubble and squeak with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Put a large non-stick pan on the heat and get it nice and hot, then add some more duck fat.
- Fry the mix over a high heat; keep turning it over as it begins crisp up. After a few minutes of crisping, press the mixture down to form a potato cake in the pan.
- Lower the heat and allow it to get really crispy before turning it out onto a plate
- Serve with a fried egg for each person
Kalettes®, are a natural hybrid between Brussels sprouts and kale, they emerged in 2011 as the result of the work of independent British seed house Tozer Seeds. First sold exclusively in M&S, the product soon appeared in Asda, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose.