Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Chocolate Tart
10minutes cooking time
- 4no Choco Leibniz biscuits
- 25g salted butter
- 200g dark chocolate (70% min cocoa)
- 200ml double cream
- 25g salted butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- double cream
- For the base, crush the Choco Leibniz biscuits with a rolling pin until they resemble chocolaty breadcrumbs and then stir in the melted butter.
- Split the biscuit crumbs into the bottom of two dishes and press down with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge whilst preparing the filling.
- Place the cream in a saucepan and heat until almost simmering.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the cream, along with the vanilla and butter. Stir until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth, glossy mixture.
- Gently spoon dollops of the mixture over the biscuit crumbs.
- Tap on your work surface to level the top, and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and and sprinkle the top of the tarts with cocoa powder.
- To serve, place each tart on a plate, along with 4 or 5 raspberries. Pour over a healthy volume of double cream, and enjoy!
Treat yourself and that someone special this Valentine’s Day to a decedent and indulgent recipe lovingly created by Great British Bake Off star Tom Hetherington.
Tom’s Chocolate Tart has been created using Bahlsen Choco Leibniz, a buttery biscuit topped with a thick slab of smooth and indulgent chocolate. These indulgent treats, are designed to fall in love with, and are the ideal snack to treat yourself with this Valentines.
Tom’s recipe takes this treating to the next level with this decadent and indulgent chocolate tart. Bahlsen has created delicious baked goods for more than 129 years and is a family run business based in Germany. Choco Leibniz biscuts come in five flavour variations, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Orange, Caramel, White Chocolate and Milk and they RRP at £1.55.
Commenting on the recipie he created, Tom said: ‘’For this recipe I used the milk chocolate Choco Leibniz biscuits; however their Chocolate Orange, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate and Caramel Biscuits would all make a delicious substitute.’’
Bahlsen Choco Leibniz are available from all major retailers with an RRP of £1.55.
Credit: Recipe created by Tom Cenci in collaboration with Bahlsen Biscuits.
Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Cooking with the Kids: Seasonal Fruit Tart
A classic fruit tart recipe that can be made with seasonal fruit, or the fruit that most appeals to the little mouths in your household.
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice cream is super good for you
These tasty fruit parcels can have any fruit inside!
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Try the multi‑award winning online reading programme for ages 2–13. Designed by expert educators, it's the proven way to help your child learn to read and prepare for school while having fun.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read easy and fun for young kids — and it really works!