.Suitable for freezing
20minutes cooking time
.140 C°, 275 F°, Gas Mark 1
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions - chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 large courgettes - cut into chunks
- 2 large tomatoes - chopped
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas - rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp Sun-Maid California raisins
- 425ml vegetable stock
- 300g frozen peas
- A handful of fresh chopped coriander to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onions for five minutes until soft.
- Stir in the spices then add the courgettes, tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins and stock. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- Stir in the peas and cook for a further five minutes.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
For when you’re looking to sneak your five-a-day into the kids’ diets with ease, Cathryn’s vegetable tagine is jam-packed with flavourful vegetables, and is as hearty as it is healthy.