.Suitable for freezing
70minutes cooking time
.180 C°, 350 F°, Gas Mark 4
- 1 eating apple grated (I finely grate it to hide it from the children!)
- 225g Blackberries
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 175g Butter
- 175g Light Muscavado Sugar (I use any brown sugar if I have run out!)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven
- Line the loaf tin
- Rub the flour, butter and sugar together to make fine crumbs
- Add in the cinnamon, apple, eggs and baking powder. Lightly mix until all combined.
- Gently fold in most of the berries and spoon into the tin
- Scatter the rest of the berries on top.
- Bake for 45 mins and check (cover with foil if it is browning too quickly)
- After 1 hour check with a skewer or knife - it will come out clean when it is done.
- Leave to cool slightly before turning out onto a cooling rack.