Strawberry Mess Cupcakes
20minutes cooking time
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100ml single cream
- 135g strawberries, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint Double Cream
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Red food colouring (optional)
- Crushed Meringue
- Red sprinkles
- Mix butter and sugar together
- Mix in the eggs one at a time
- Mix in all of the cream
- Fold in the flour
- Mash the strawberries and mix with the vanilla extract
- Combine the strawberry mix with the cake mixture
- Divide equally between cases and bake for 15-20mins
- Beat the cream until thick
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla (you can add a little red or pink food colouring to make them extra special)
- Pipe or spread the icing on the cakes
- Sprinkle with crushed meringue and red sprinkles
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
Chocolate Goo Cakes
We love making these easy Chocolate Goo cakes – so called as they have a delicious melted chocolate centre. The children love putting the chocolate chunk in the centre of each cupcake and covering it over!
Toffee Apple Cupcakes
We have a yummy recipe for you to try at home with your children!
Blackberry and Apple Loaf
A lovely autumn loaf cake to enjoy with a cup of tea!
With Father's Day coming up this month we should celebrate the special 'Dad' figures in our lives...in our article we have given you a few ideas for days out and activities that you and your Dad can do together to have fun and build a great relationship - spoil him and make memories for you all as a family! Click here to find out more...
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!