15minutes cooking time
- 500g plain flour
- 250g butter or margarine
- 140g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven
- Rub together the flour, icing sugar and butter to make breadcrumbs (you can use a food processor but for children hands are more fun!)
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix with your hands until it sticks together
- If you have time chill for 30 minutes but my kids are usually too impatient so we use it straight away!
- Roll out to about 5mm thick on a floured surface.
- Use cutters of any shape.
- Bake on a baking tray for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- Decorate with icing or melted chocolate or leave plain-still delicious.
- You can adapt the recipe by adding chocolate chips or use wholemeal flour.
Crumble-topped Cheese & Ham muffins!
Simple & different savoury muffins which all the family will enjoy
Chocolate Goo Cakes
We love making these easy Chocolate Goo cakes – so called as they have a delicious melted chocolate centre. The children love putting the chocolate chunk in the centre of each cupcake and covering it over!
Healthy snacks: Easy Cheesy Scones
These easy cheesy scones are fun to make with the kids and a great addition to any lunch box. Why not use up the leftover bits and pieces in your fridge and mix them with cream cheese to make a yummy filling to fill up hungry tummies?
Plum and Blackcurrant Muffins
A perfect bake for Autumn!
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!