15minutes cooking time
- 500g plain flour
- 250g butter or margarine
- 140g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven
- Rub together the flour, icing sugar and butter to make breadcrumbs (you can use a food processor but for children hands are more fun!)
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix with your hands until it sticks together
- If you have time chill for 30 minutes but my kids are usually too impatient so we use it straight away!
- Roll out to about 5mm thick on a floured surface.
- Use cutters of any shape.
- Bake on a baking tray for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- Decorate with icing or melted chocolate or leave plain-still delicious.
- You can adapt the recipe by adding chocolate chips or use wholemeal flour.
Very Cheesy Nibbles
These are sooo easy to make, and simply delicious!
Toffee Apple Cupcakes
We have a yummy recipe for you to try at home with your children!
Try these delicious nutella cupcakes - easy for the kids to make too!
So simple, and the kids LOVE it!
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle