Panforte Di Siena
40minutes cooking time
- Rice Paper
- 240g figs or pitted dates
- 50g honey
- 100g soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp each of ground cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, nutmeg and pepper
- 250g candied fruit, such as cherries, citron, lemon and orange zest
- 50g blanched almonds
- 50g pine nuts
- 50g shelled hazelnuts toasted
- 3-4 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 50ml Vin Santo
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. Line a shallow 25cm round cake tin, or a 20cm square tin, with rice paper.
- Mince the Ã¯¬gs or dates and put them in a pan with enough water just to cover.
- Add the honey, brown sugar and all the spices.
- Cook gently for about 10 minutes, then tip into a bowl. The mixture should be soft and sticky, but not wet.
- Add the candied fruit and nuts and mix well, then add the flour and Vin Santo and mix to a sticky mass.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 30Ã¢-40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin.Ã
- Sprinkle generously with icing sugar and serve cut into thin wedges.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
Who doesn't love cake?! Here is a delightful Italian sponge cake to treat the family to.
Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
Try this delicious Rich Oven-baked Vegetable Pasta-perfect for even the smallest member of the family.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here