Panforte Di Siena
40minutes cooking time
- Rice Paper
- 240g figs or pitted dates
- 50g honey
- 100g soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp each of ground cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, nutmeg and pepper
- 250g candied fruit, such as cherries, citron, lemon and orange zest
- 50g blanched almonds
- 50g pine nuts
- 50g shelled hazelnuts toasted
- 3-4 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 50ml Vin Santo
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. Line a shallow 25cm round cake tin, or a 20cm square tin, with rice paper.
- Mince the ï¬gs or dates and put them in a pan with enough water just to cover.
- Add the honey, brown sugar and all the spices.
- Cook gently for about 10 minutes, then tip into a bowl. The mixture should be soft and sticky, but not wet.
- Add the candied fruit and nuts and mix well, then add the flour and Vin Santo and mix to a sticky mass.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 30â40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin.Â
- Sprinkle generously with icing sugar and serve cut into thin wedges.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
Try this delicious Rich Oven-baked Vegetable Pasta-perfect for even the smallest member of the family.
Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
Who doesn't love cake?! Here is a delightful Italian sponge cake to treat the family to.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.