10minutes cooking time
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh root ginger
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 small chilli, deseeded
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small shallot
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve (optional)Â
- Put all the ingredients except the groundnut oil, chicken and sweet chilli sauce into a mini food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the chicken and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours â the longer, the better.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a frying pan.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and fry until it's cooked through and the surface has caramelized.
- Alternatively, the chicken can be put on to skewers and barbecued.
- Serve with a dipping sauce, such as sweet chilli sauce.
Annabel's Family Cookbook (Ebury Press) is filled with cooking inspiration for the whole family and available to buy.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Chicken Caesar Salad
A tasty recipe to make lunch boxes more interesting for your little ones! The croutons and dressing for this salad can be made the night before. All you need to do in the morning is mix up the ingredients and toss with the dressing. You can even use ready made croutons.
Apple and Almond Cake
Delicious Apple and Almond Cake from Annabel Karmel
Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
A lovely summery, fish dish perfect for picnics...
The Easter break is a lovely opportunity to cook with your child. These are my favourite Ginger Cookies and they only take a few minutes to prepare.
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here