10minutes cooking time
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh root ginger
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 small chilli, deseeded
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small shallot
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve (optional)Â
- Put all the ingredients except the groundnut oil, chicken and sweet chilli sauce into a mini food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the chicken and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours â the longer, the better.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a frying pan.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and fry until it's cooked through and the surface has caramelized.
- Alternatively, the chicken can be put on to skewers and barbecued.
- Serve with a dipping sauce, such as sweet chilli sauce.
Annabel's Family Cookbook (Ebury Press) is filled with cooking inspiration for the whole family and available to buy.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Almond Milk Porridge with Berries
The king of all breakfasts! A great start to the day...
Porridge with Apple, Pear and Apricot Baby Puree
This makes a nutritious breakfast. Make up portions of the fruit puree and freezes. Then you can thaw them overnight, ready to mix with your baby porridge in the morning. As your baby gets older you can simply stir in rather than puree.
Apple and Almond Cake
Delicious Apple and Almond Cake from Annabel Karmel
Cheesy Cottage Pie
Another delicious recipe from Annabel Karmel, perfect for the whole family!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!