10minutes cooking time
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh root ginger
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 small chilli, deseeded
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small shallot
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve (optional)Â
- Put all the ingredients except the groundnut oil, chicken and sweet chilli sauce into a mini food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the chicken and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours â the longer, the better.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a frying pan.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and fry until it's cooked through and the surface has caramelized.
- Alternatively, the chicken can be put on to skewers and barbecued.
- Serve with a dipping sauce, such as sweet chilli sauce.
Annabel's Family Cookbook (Ebury Press) is filled with cooking inspiration for the whole family and available to buy.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Chocolate Christmas Trees
Leading children’s cookery author and food expert Annabel Karmel shares some of her favourite Christmas creations with Raring2go! – do dig out those aprons and cook up some festive spirit in your kitchen.
Lovely Lentils Baby Puree
A new autumn inspired baby puree from Annabel Karmel
Let your party girls create their own jewelled cupcakes, topped with a swirl of icing and a variety of ‘gems’. You could use ready-made buttercream instead of the Cream Cheese Icing, if you prefer.
Oat and Raisin Cookies
These make a tasty and nutritious snack any time of the day
With Father's Day coming up this month we should celebrate the special 'Dad' figures in our lives...in our article we have given you a few ideas for days out and activities that you and your Dad can do together to have fun and build a great relationship - spoil him and make memories for you all as a family! Click here to find out more...
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!