10minutes cooking time
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh root ginger
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 small chilli, deseeded
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small shallot
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve (optional)Ã
- Put all the ingredients except the groundnut oil, chicken and sweet chilli sauce into a mini food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the chicken and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours Ã¢- the longer, the better.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a frying pan.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and fry until it's cooked through and the surface has caramelized.
- Alternatively, the chicken can be put on to skewers and barbecued.
- Serve with a dipping sauce, such as sweet chilli sauce.
Annabel's Family Cookbook (Ebury Press) is filled with cooking inspiration for the whole family and available to buy.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies
Instead of giving baked cookies as a gift for Christmas, why not give the recipe for one of your favourite cookies and then layer all the ingredients in a glass jar and tie a ribbon around it. All of the ingredients for these cookies are in the jar apart from the butter and they are very quick and easy to make.
Oat and Raisin Cookies
These make a tasty and nutritious snack any time of the day
Lovely Lentils Baby Puree
A new autumn inspired baby puree from Annabel Karmel
Apple and Sultana Muffins
These deliciously moist muffins are very easy to make and will keep well for up to five days. They are good for breakfast and can be eaten on the way to school if your child is in a rush.
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here