- Makes 20 Portions
- Suitable for freezing
- Preparation 15 minutes
- 5 minutes cooking time
- 140 C°, 275 F°, Gas Mark 1
- 198g / 7oz tin sweetcorn, drained
- 100g / 4oz wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Handful of basil, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g /4oz grated halloumi cheese
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Blend 100 g/4 oz of the sweetcorn in the bowl of a food processor, or in a mixing bowl with a stick blender, until finely chopped.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and eggs in a bowl. Whisk in the sweet chilli sauce and finely chopped sweetcorn. Add the remaining ingredients including the remaining whole, unblended sweetcorn kernels. Season to taste (if using).
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. When hot, fry heaped tablespoonfuls of the fritter mixture for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to kitchen paper.
Fritters are a firm family favourite and a great way to encourage kids to eat their veggies. Halloumi cheese has a very high melting point so it works well in a fritter. The fresh basil and sweet chilli sauce gives these a delicious flavour.
Annabel Karmel Baby-Led Weaning Recipe Book
Whether you’re about to wean and thinking of exploring the baby-led weaning approach, or simply looking for new baby-friendly finger foods and family meals to liven up your mealtimes, Annabel Karmel’s new Baby-Led Weaning Recipe Book (RRP: £14.99) is out now and filled with 120 quick, easy and nutritious recipes, essential advice and tips to let your baby take the lead.