Thinktank – Morning Explorers
Thinktank Morning Explorers is an accessibility program designed for autistic people, or people with a similar disability. Running on the second Saturday of each month, Morning Explorers days offer some accessible adaptions to the museum experience, and will coincide with an optional Autism Friendly activity or show.
On Morning Explorers days we offer early entrance into the museum for autistic adults, autistic children, and any friends, family, and carers who would like to join. This allows groups to explore the museum at a quieter time, before we open to the public.
Entrance for Thinktank Morning Explorers will begin at 9am, before the museum opens to the public at 10am. To reduce the noise level, the majority of sound making exhibits will be muted until 11am. Ear defenders and sensory maps will be available on entrance, and access to quiet spaces may be arranged on request.
Pre-booking essential for admission.
Thinktank Morning Explorers Activities
Each Morning Explorers day will coincide with an optional Autism Friendly activity or show. This will rotate monthly between a live show in our Planetarium, a pre-recorded Planetarium experience, or an activity taking place on the museum floor. Please be advised that shows in the Planetarium will cost £3.50 in addition to the admission price (£3 for Members), which can be purchased on the day. The schedule for Autism Friendly activities and shows is laid out below.
- 11th February – Pre-recorded Planetarium Show
- 11th March – Live Planetarium Show
- 8th April – On Gallery Activity
- 13th May – Pre-recorded Planetarium Show
- 10th June – Live Planetarium Show
- 8th July – On Gallery Activity
- 12th August – Pre-recorded Planetarium Show
- 9th September – Live Planetarium Show
- 7th October – On Gallery Activity
- 11th November – Pre-recorded Planetarium Show
- 9th December – Live Planetarium Show
Birmingham Museums Trust is a registered charity and money raised through events like this help us care for our collections and venues. We thank you for your support.