20minutes cooking time
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 150 ml boiled water
- 1 small onion, sliced (optional)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 heaped tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1” piece fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 green chillis, chopped or sliced
- Add the shredded cabbage to a large pan and add the boiling water. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 mins. (If there is any water remaining once the cabbage is cooked, turn up the heat and cook until no liquid remains).
- Heat the oil gently in a large skillet.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and cook gently for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook gently for 2-3 mins, until slightly browned.
- Add the onion, if using, and cook over a medium heat until soft translucent.
- Add the turmeric and stir fry for 1 min.
- Add the cooked cabbage and turn up the heat, stirring well.
- Add salt and chillies and continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
Shermin A Ali
Founder & owner of Najma’s, Shermin A Ali launched her catering business in the summer of 2012. Catering mainly in artisan markets and making select home deliveries, after just a year of trading Najma’s was ‘Highly Commended’ by the Time & Leisure Food & Drink Awards in 2013. That same year Shermin also opened her home kitchen to teach Indian Cookery. Classes were extremely well received and Shermin has since continued running her small independent Cookery School from her home in South West London and has also taken her classes and workshops to local school and libraries.
Najma’s bespoke catering services forms the very core of the business and as a fully qualified Yoga Teacher, Shermin’s most recent venture has been the launch of her Yoga Party where she brings together her Hatha Yoga teaching with the best of Najma’s buffet catering.
Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy, so leave the cayenne pepper out if you prefer
Lemon Chocolate Mousse
The combination of layers of lemon and chocolate really go well together. This creation has been a very popular dessert at my superfood feasts.
Cheese & apple scones
Savoury scones make a good alternative to the usual sandwich
Twice-Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Cheese
Potatoes are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!