20minutes cooking time
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 150 ml boiled water
- 1 small onion, sliced (optional)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 heaped tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1” piece fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 green chillis, chopped or sliced
- Add the shredded cabbage to a large pan and add the boiling water. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 mins. (If there is any water remaining once the cabbage is cooked, turn up the heat and cook until no liquid remains).
- Heat the oil gently in a large skillet.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and cook gently for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook gently for 2-3 mins, until slightly browned.
- Add the onion, if using, and cook over a medium heat until soft translucent.
- Add the turmeric and stir fry for 1 min.
- Add the cooked cabbage and turn up the heat, stirring well.
- Add salt and chillies and continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
Shermin A Ali
Founder & owner of Najma’s, Shermin A Ali launched her catering business in the summer of 2012. Catering mainly in artisan markets and making select home deliveries, after just a year of trading Najma’s was ‘Highly Commended’ by the Time & Leisure Food & Drink Awards in 2013. That same year Shermin also opened her home kitchen to teach Indian Cookery. Classes were extremely well received and Shermin has since continued running her small independent Cookery School from her home in South West London and has also taken her classes and workshops to local school and libraries.
Najma’s bespoke catering services forms the very core of the business and as a fully qualified Yoga Teacher, Shermin’s most recent venture has been the launch of her Yoga Party where she brings together her Hatha Yoga teaching with the best of Najma’s buffet catering.
Turk-ish Satay Party Sticks
"Turk-ish" Satay Party Sticks- these meat free kebab sticks are made with FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Strips and dipped in a satay sauce-delicious!
Mattar Pulao (Peas Pilau)
This recipe would make a great main or side dish!
Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy, so leave the cayenne pepper out if you prefer
Like most of you, I’ve bought the plain hummus, the coriander flavoured one, the red pepper one, the garlic one … but I have yet to come across a curry hummus so I made it myself.
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!