Rice and Raisin Pilaf
40minutes cooking time
- 12 dried apricot halves
- 15g butter
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 175g long grain white rice
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 75g Sun-Maid California raisins
- 40g slivered almonds - toasted
- Handful of fresh coriander and/or parsley to serve
- Cut the apricots into small slivers. Melt the butter in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, rice, cardamom, salt and pepper, and sauté for about eight minutes or until the rice is toasted.
- Stir in the stock, raisins, almonds and apricots and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the stock is completely absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for five minutes. Fluff with a fork, season well, then serve garnished with fresh herbs.
Better than a takeaway! Use more or less spice to suit
Chicken breast roll garnished with Kalettes®
Chicken breast roll filled with roasted red pepper garnished with Kalettes® and potato cubes.
Leek, Parsnip and Chestnut Soup
I’m a real soup lover and none are complete without the addition of leeks. However, rather than just using leeks as a background flavour, I really want to bring them to life, and pair them with ingredients they really love.
Beef or Pork Ribs
The Stores chef Tim has a great recipe for BBQ ribs to share with the readers of Raring2go! Don't worry if the weather doesn’t hold – they’re just as good made in the oven as they are on the BBQ.
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!