Rice and Raisin Pilaf
40minutes cooking time
- 12 dried apricot halves
- 15g butter
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 175g long grain white rice
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 75g Sun-Maid California raisins
- 40g slivered almonds - toasted
- Handful of fresh coriander and/or parsley to serve
- Cut the apricots into small slivers. Melt the butter in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, rice, cardamom, salt and pepper, and sauté for about eight minutes or until the rice is toasted.
- Stir in the stock, raisins, almonds and apricots and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the stock is completely absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for five minutes. Fluff with a fork, season well, then serve garnished with fresh herbs.
Better than a takeaway! Use more or less spice to suit
Tangy Chicken and Mango Fajitas
Why not join the fajita craze with taste developer Andrea Lembke, who’s serving up her favourite dish with a twist this summer with her favourite recipe for Tangy Chicken and Mango fajitas
Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
This makes the perfect side dish to accompany any Sunday roast. Made with a combination of oats and nuts this is something that will definitely wow your dinner guests.
Ham baked in Ginger Ale
This is a delicious meal for any Sunday lunch (make sure your ham is big enough for leftovers the next day!
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!