Rice and Raisin Pilaf
40minutes cooking time
- 12 dried apricot halves
- 15g butter
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 175g long grain white rice
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 75g Sun-Maid California raisins
- 40g slivered almonds - toasted
- Handful of fresh coriander and/or parsley to serve
- Cut the apricots into small slivers. Melt the butter in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, rice, cardamom, salt and pepper, and sauté for about eight minutes or until the rice is toasted.
- Stir in the stock, raisins, almonds and apricots and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the stock is completely absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for five minutes. Fluff with a fork, season well, then serve garnished with fresh herbs.
Treat the family to pizza with a difference
Chicken breast roll garnished with Kalettes®
Chicken breast roll filled with roasted red pepper garnished with Kalettes® and potato cubes.
Mexican Chicken and Mixed Pepper Fajitas
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Meatballs with tomato sauce.
Delicious homemade meatballs and tomato sauce - a perfect winter warmer!
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!