Rice and Raisin Pilaf
40minutes cooking time
- 12 dried apricot halves
- 15g butter
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 175g long grain white rice
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 75g Sun-Maid California raisins
- 40g slivered almonds - toasted
- Handful of fresh coriander and/or parsley to serve
- Cut the apricots into small slivers. Melt the butter in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, rice, cardamom, salt and pepper, and sauté for about eight minutes or until the rice is toasted.
- Stir in the stock, raisins, almonds and apricots and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the stock is completely absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for five minutes. Fluff with a fork, season well, then serve garnished with fresh herbs.
Chip shop cod fillets
Served with homemade curry sauce, chips & minted mushy peas.
Leek and Pulled Ham Bubble and Squeak with a Poached Egg
It’s always a wonder what to do with leftovers from a Sunday lunch. A few roast potatoes, a bit of cabbage, a spoonful of stray peas and perhaps a few overly crispy parsnips...
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
Leek, Stewed Venison and Wild Mushroom Pies
A proper pie that has a crispy, pastry top. Yum! Give this rich, full bodied pie a go, I can promise you that the combination of delicious British leeks, with venison and wild mushrooms are a match made in heaven.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!