Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad
- Makes 2 Portions
- Not Suitable for freezing
- Preparation 10 minutes
- 20 minutes cooking time
- 140 C°, 275 F°, Gas Mark 1
For the salad:
- 80g salad leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5ml)
- 1 tsp olive oil (5ml)
For the omelette:
- 6 medium free-range eggs (330g)
- 5g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3g chives, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil (10ml)
- 100g leeks, thoroughly washed and thinly sliced
- 50g kale, de-stalked and finely sliced
- Toss the salad leaves with the lemon juice and olive oil then set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick omelette pan and sweat the leeks and kale for two minutes, stirring frequently, until they are slightly softened.
- Add the egg and herb mixture to the pan.
- When the egg starts to set on the outside and pull away from the side of the pan, flip it over to cook the other side for a few minutes.
- Fold the omelette in half and remove from the pan.
- Cut the omelette in two and serve each half on a plate with the salad leaves