- Makes 4 Portions
- Not Suitable for freezing
- Preparation 5 minutes
- 15 minutes cooking time
- 200 C°, 400 F°, Gas Mark 6
- Flour tortillas (Large soft, whole wheat or flavoured if you’re feeling adventurous)
- Tomato Passata/tinned tomatoes
- Grated cheese – cheddar or mozzarella
- Pepperoni/ham/cooked chicken
- Peppers/sweet corn/onions/pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan, 200 conventional, gas mark 6.
- Lay out a tortillas on a baking tray and spoon over a thin layer of the tomato sauce, leaving approx. 1cm gap around the edge.
- Add the toppings and cheese – try not to overload the base or it will go soggy.
- Place the baking tray into the middle of the oven for 10 – 15 mins until the cheese is bubbling and the base is crispy.
- Remove from the oven, cut in to triangles and serve.
Pizzas are so versatile and can be made to individual tastes. My Flatbread pizzas use flour tortillas as a base and are so easy to make, even in a hurry. Kids will love adding their own favourite toppings and will be eating the pizza within 15 mins.
Large tortillas are approx. £1.60 for 8 so make a cheap meal or snack.
They are also great cold and perfect for lunchboxes