Multicoloured Tofu Frittata
40minutes cooking time
- 350g firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 60ml soya or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place tofu, tamari, nutritional yeast, cornflour, almond milk and turmeric into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and place over medium heat, with the onion and red onion sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and peppers cook for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the tofu mixture and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease an approx 20cm square baking dish .
- Add the tofu mixture straight into the dish, smooth over with a spatula.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Amazing colourful peppers with vegetables and herbs with a delicious tofu sauce. Can be used as a filler for a vegan pastry flan.
Keith’s passion for feeding people began with home-baking at the age of 9. He was soon bringing to school cakes, breads and pasties. His schoolmates joined in and before long they were swapping cakes during the lunch breaks, raiding mums’ cookery books in the evenings and even growing their own vegetables in the school grounds.
Keith now combines his background in nutrition, Ayurveda, herbalism and cookery with over 30 years of experience as a vegetarian chef.
He travels widely, teaching in workshops, retreats and courses around the world. His events are hugely entertaining as well being full of practical knowledge on how to live a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle.
Keith is an experienced UK media presenter, and has made TV appearances in countries as far afield as Greece and India. His popular blog, keithonfood.com, has become a one-stop destination for online inspiration and resources.
Keith is speaking to trainee nurses about plant based eating.
Keith is speaking later in 2018 in India about plant based eating.
Keith has been asked to advise Parliament about plant based eating – so he really does know his stuff!
Some authors are great chefs, others will tell you all about different foods and their nutritional benefits. Many of them are great story-tellers and inspirational writers. There are books that are funny and at times truly meaningful.
Keith has been featured in and on media all over the UK and is seen as the go to expert for many publications and radio stations.
Keith crams all those qualities into a single volume, His new book ‘Cooking with Love’, which he hopes you won’t be able to put down. And not just because your fingers are sticky from making the recipes.