15minutes cooking time
- Flour tortillas (Large soft, whole wheat or flavoured if you’re feeling adventurous)
- Tomato Passata/tinned tomatoes
- Grated cheese – cheddar or mozzarella
- Pepperoni/ham/cooked chicken
- Peppers/sweet corn/onions/pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan, 200 conventional, gas mark 6.
- Lay out a tortillas on a baking tray and spoon over a thin layer of the tomato sauce, leaving approx. 1cm gap around the edge.
- Add the toppings and cheese – try not to overload the base or it will go soggy.
- Place the baking tray into the middle of the oven for 10 – 15 mins until the cheese is bubbling and the base is crispy.
- Remove from the oven, cut in to triangles and serve.
Pizzas are so versatile and can be made to individual tastes. My Flatbread pizzas use flour tortillas as a base and are so easy to make, even in a hurry. Kids will love adding their own favourite toppings and will be eating the pizza within 15 mins.
Large tortillas are approx. £1.60 for 8 so make a cheap meal or snack.
They are also great cold and perfect for lunchboxes
Inspired by watching the Great British Menu, Katie decided at an early age to make her career in the Food Industry, and is firmly on the road to success. At 16, Katie enrolled in Young Chef Academy at University College Birmingham. Upon completing this course, she was offered an unconditional place on an apprenticeship programme run by the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts. Katie continues to study at UCB and also works (very hard) as an apprentice at the 1 Star Michelin Restaurant Carters of Moseley. In order to fulfil her commitments at college and at ‘work’, at aged 16, Katie moved from her family home in Northamptonshire to Birmingham, where the 18 year old now currently lives.
We asked Katie what she loves to eat and prepare… ‘it’s got to be simple quality food, not complicated, just good traditional dishes’. Pie & Mash being one of her favourites. We’ve teamed up with Katie, who is looking to feature exciting, inspiring and fun recipes that will involve cooking with the kids, making meals on a budget and helping all you Mums and Dads out there, who are always on the go.