Baked Chicken Strips
20minutes cooking time
- 50g desiccated coconut orground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 100g flour
- 75g breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder and onion powder (1 tsp of each)
- 2 chicken breast cut into strip/nugget sizes
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. (180°C fan)
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders into the flour
- Mix the coconut/almonds and breadcrumbs in a bowl
- Beat the 2 eggs in a shallow dish.
- Put the chicken strips though the flour,dust off the excess and coat with the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Place onto a parchment lined tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and the chicken is cooked inside.
- Serve with salad and homemade ovenbaked chips. (Can also be made using strips of cod instead of chicken)
Inspired by watching the Great British Menu, Katie decided at an early age to make her career in the Food Industry, and is firmly on the road to success. At 16, Katie enrolled in Young Chef Academy at University College Birmingham. Upon completing this course, she was offered an unconditional place on an apprenticeship programme run by the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts. Katie continues to study at UCB and also works (very hard) as an apprentice at the 1 Star Michelin Restaurant Carters of Moseley. In order to fulfil her commitments at college and at ‘work’, at aged 16, Katie moved from her family home in Northamptonshire to Birmingham, where the 18 year old now currently lives.
We asked Katie what she loves to eat and prepare… ‘it’s got to be simple quality food, not complicated, just good traditional dishes’. Pie & Mash being one of her favourites. We’ve teamed up with Katie, who is looking to feature exciting, inspiring and fun recipes that will involve cooking with the kids, making meals on a budget and helping all you Mums and Dads out there, who are always on the go.