Chocolate Fudge Cakes
.Suitable for freezing
20minutes cooking time
.180 C°, 350 F°, Gas Mark 4
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 SR Flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- Drop of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbspn milk
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Oven gloves
- Rectangular cake tin (20cm x 10 cm approx)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Beat butter and sugar together until they are creamy, light and fluffy, with the wooden spoon.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder and salt together and fold in to the mixture, using a figure of eight movement.
- Add vanilla essence and milk and mix batter until it is quite thin and almost a pouring consistency.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin (I like to line mine with baking parchment) and level off the top.
- Bake in an oven for about 2 minutes - the top of the cake should spring back slightly when pressed - the aim is to leave the centre of the cake slightly uncooked and gooey!
- Allow to cool in the tin and then cut into 24 pieces - you could also optionally dust the cake with sieved icing sugar at this point.
- Try not to eat the whole batch in one sitting - this recipe is very MOREISH!