10minutes cooking time
- 80g / 3oz blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 80g / 3oz raspberries
- apple, banana, blueberries and strawberries, to decorate (optional)
- 40 g/1½ oz porridge oats
- 300 ml/10 fl oz almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Put the blueberries in a small saucepan with the maple syrup. Stir over the heat for a few minutes until the blueberries are just starting to soften, then remove from the heat and add the raspberries. Set aside.
- Place the oats in a small saucepan with the almond milk. Bring to the boil over a medium heat then reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes until thickened. Add the maple syrup.
- Spoon the porridge into bowls and top with the warm fruits.
- If you like, create an owl face by topping each portion with two apple slices for wings, sliced halves of banana for feathers, wedge of strawberry for a nose, and slices of bananas topped with blueberries for eyes.
The king of all breakfasts! A bowl of porridge makes for a great start to the day, and will give you and your baby long-lasting reserves of energy thanks to the slow release of complex carbs. Sweetening it with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup gives it extra appeal.
Annabel Karmel Baby-Led Weaning Recipe Book
Whether you're about to wean and thinking of exploring the baby-led weaning approach, or simply looking for new baby-friendly finger foods and family meals to liven up your mealtimes, Annabel Karmel's new Baby-Led Weaning Recipe Book (RRP: £14.99) is out now and filled with 120 quick, easy and nutritious recipes, essential advice and tips to let your baby take the lead.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.