Chocolate Fudge Cakes
20minutes cooking time
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 SR Flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- Drop of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbspn milk
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Oven gloves
- Rectangular cake tin (20cm x 10 cm approx)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Beat butter and sugar together until they are creamy, light and fluffy, with the wooden spoon.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder and salt together and fold in to the mixture, using a figure of eight movement.
- Add vanilla essence and milk and mix batter until it is quite thin and almost a pouring consistency.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin (I like to line mine with baking parchment) and level off the top.
- Bake in an oven for about 2 minutes - the top of the cake should spring back slightly when pressed - the aim is to leave the centre of the cake slightly uncooked and gooey!
- Allow to cool in the tin and then cut into 24 pieces - you could also optionally dust the cake with sieved icing sugar at this point.
- Try not to eat the whole batch in one sitting - this recipe is very MOREISH!
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
Campfire Chocolate Orange Brownies
Next time you have a campfire going, get the kids involved in making these lovely chocolate orange brownies. Not only are they really easy to make, but they're great to eat too!
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cupcakes
The hidden hazlenut spread turns these cupcakes into something very cheeky!
Rocky Road recipe
A firm favourite, Rocky Road. This recipe is very easy and simple to do and the results are scrumptious!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!