Chip shop cod fillets
30minutes cooking time
- 1 pack of Young’s Chip Shop Cod Fillets
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 small shallots – finely diced
- 1 Apple – peeled, cored & diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp fresh ginger – finely chopped
- ½tsp tomato puree
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp fish stock paste
- 500 ml of water
- 800g potatoes - washed
- 4tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp fresh or dried thyme – chopped
- 1tbsp fresh or dried oregano – chopped
- 400g frozen peas
- 40g melted butter
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp fresh tarragon – chopped
- 3 tsp fresh mint – chopped
- Curry sauce In a sauce pan on a medium heat, heat the oil and sweat the shallots until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and apple and sweat for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato puree, curry powder & flour stir well. Add water and stock paste and stir again. Simmer for 10mins. Liquidise slightly with a hand blender. making sure to retain some of the texture.
- Homemade chips Cut potatoes roughly (not peeled) into chunky chips, leave to soak in water. Drain the chips well. Mix the soaked chips with extra virgin rapeseed oil, oregano & thyme, and season. Bake in the oven at 200°C Fan on baking tray for 25 -30 mins.
- Cook the Chip Shop Cod Fillets according to instructions on pack (Place CS Fillets on a wire rack over a deep baking tray and place in the oven and cook for 22 minutes 200°C Fan)
- Minted mushy peas Add peas to a pan of boiling water, bring back to boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain well and then place in a food processor or blender. Add melted butter, vinegar, chopped tarragon & mint process briefly, making sure to retain some texture. Season to taste.
My Fish Dish - Youngs
For more information click the link below
This dough recipe is perfect for savoury and sweet pizzas!
Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
This makes the perfect side dish to accompany any Sunday roast. Made with a combination of oats and nuts this is something that will definitely wow your dinner guests.
Leek, Stewed Venison and Wild Mushroom Pies
A proper pie that has a crispy, pastry top. Yum! Give this rich, full bodied pie a go, I can promise you that the combination of delicious British leeks, with venison and wild mushrooms are a match made in heaven.
Chicken breast roll garnished with Kalettes®
Chicken breast roll filled with roasted red pepper garnished with Kalettes® and potato cubes.
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Your Mum will LOVE receiving something homemade from you this Mothering Sunday...take a look at our ideas here and make something extra special that can be treasured for years to come - from a homemade bunch of flowers (maybe placed on a tray of breakfast in bed, to a beautifully crafted photo frame with the children's faces smiling back at her...