Chip shop cod fillets
30minutes cooking time
- 1 pack of Young’s Chip Shop Cod Fillets
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 small shallots – finely diced
- 1 Apple – peeled, cored & diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp fresh ginger – finely chopped
- ½tsp tomato puree
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp fish stock paste
- 500 ml of water
- 800g potatoes - washed
- 4tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp fresh or dried thyme – chopped
- 1tbsp fresh or dried oregano – chopped
- 400g frozen peas
- 40g melted butter
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp fresh tarragon – chopped
- 3 tsp fresh mint – chopped
- Curry sauce In a sauce pan on a medium heat, heat the oil and sweat the shallots until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and apple and sweat for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato puree, curry powder & flour stir well. Add water and stock paste and stir again. Simmer for 10mins. Liquidise slightly with a hand blender. making sure to retain some of the texture.
- Homemade chips Cut potatoes roughly (not peeled) into chunky chips, leave to soak in water. Drain the chips well. Mix the soaked chips with extra virgin rapeseed oil, oregano & thyme, and season. Bake in the oven at 200°C Fan on baking tray for 25 -30 mins.
- Cook the Chip Shop Cod Fillets according to instructions on pack (Place CS Fillets on a wire rack over a deep baking tray and place in the oven and cook for 22 minutes 200°C Fan)
- Minted mushy peas Add peas to a pan of boiling water, bring back to boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain well and then place in a food processor or blender. Add melted butter, vinegar, chopped tarragon & mint process briefly, making sure to retain some texture. Season to taste.
My Fish Dish - Youngs
For more information click the link below
Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
This makes the perfect side dish to accompany any Sunday roast. Made with a combination of oats and nuts this is something that will definitely wow your dinner guests.
Meatballs with tomato sauce.
Delicious homemade meatballs and tomato sauce - a perfect winter warmer!
Chinese Take Away at Home
Its really easy, here is our Thai Green Curry - Sweet Thai basil, kaffir lime leaves and fresh green chillies are key ingredients for this wonderfully sweet, aromatic and hot Thai curry.
Tangy Chicken and Mango Fajitas
Why not join the fajita craze with taste developer Andrea Lembke, who’s serving up her favourite dish with a twist this summer with her favourite recipe for Tangy Chicken and Mango fajitas
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!