Chip shop cod fillets
30minutes cooking time
- 1 pack of Young’s Chip Shop Cod Fillets
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 small shallots – finely diced
- 1 Apple – peeled, cored & diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp fresh ginger – finely chopped
- ½tsp tomato puree
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp fish stock paste
- 500 ml of water
- 800g potatoes - washed
- 4tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp fresh or dried thyme – chopped
- 1tbsp fresh or dried oregano – chopped
- 400g frozen peas
- 40g melted butter
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp fresh tarragon – chopped
- 3 tsp fresh mint – chopped
- Curry sauce In a sauce pan on a medium heat, heat the oil and sweat the shallots until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and apple and sweat for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato puree, curry powder & flour stir well. Add water and stock paste and stir again. Simmer for 10mins. Liquidise slightly with a hand blender. making sure to retain some of the texture.
- Homemade chips Cut potatoes roughly (not peeled) into chunky chips, leave to soak in water. Drain the chips well. Mix the soaked chips with extra virgin rapeseed oil, oregano & thyme, and season. Bake in the oven at 200°C Fan on baking tray for 25 -30 mins.
- Cook the Chip Shop Cod Fillets according to instructions on pack (Place CS Fillets on a wire rack over a deep baking tray and place in the oven and cook for 22 minutes 200°C Fan)
- Minted mushy peas Add peas to a pan of boiling water, bring back to boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain well and then place in a food processor or blender. Add melted butter, vinegar, chopped tarragon & mint process briefly, making sure to retain some texture. Season to taste.
My Fish Dish - Youngs
For more information click the link below
Like a sausage casserole but with the added scone topping!
Chicken breast roll garnished with Kalettes®
Chicken breast roll filled with roasted red pepper garnished with Kalettes® and potato cubes.
Giovanni Rana’s mozzarella, tomatoes and olives ravioli
If you have the luxury of time, why not try Mr Giovanni Rana’s unique recipe for these traditional Italian treasures: Mozeralla, tomato and olive ravioli with pesto Genovese, using his short film and the recipe below.
Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad with Goats Cheese
It’s always nice to have something a little bit different from a standard salad and this wintery salad is just that.
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!