Chip shop cod fillets
30minutes cooking time
- 1 pack of Young’s Chip Shop Cod Fillets
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 small shallots – finely diced
- 1 Apple – peeled, cored & diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp fresh ginger – finely chopped
- ½tsp tomato puree
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp fish stock paste
- 500 ml of water
- 800g potatoes - washed
- 4tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp fresh or dried thyme – chopped
- 1tbsp fresh or dried oregano – chopped
- 400g frozen peas
- 40g melted butter
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp fresh tarragon – chopped
- 3 tsp fresh mint – chopped
- Curry sauce In a sauce pan on a medium heat, heat the oil and sweat the shallots until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and apple and sweat for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato puree, curry powder & flour stir well. Add water and stock paste and stir again. Simmer for 10mins. Liquidise slightly with a hand blender. making sure to retain some of the texture.
- Homemade chips Cut potatoes roughly (not peeled) into chunky chips, leave to soak in water. Drain the chips well. Mix the soaked chips with extra virgin rapeseed oil, oregano & thyme, and season. Bake in the oven at 200°C Fan on baking tray for 25 -30 mins.
- Cook the Chip Shop Cod Fillets according to instructions on pack (Place CS Fillets on a wire rack over a deep baking tray and place in the oven and cook for 22 minutes 200°C Fan)
- Minted mushy peas Add peas to a pan of boiling water, bring back to boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain well and then place in a food processor or blender. Add melted butter, vinegar, chopped tarragon & mint process briefly, making sure to retain some texture. Season to taste.
My Fish Dish - Youngs
For more information click the link below
I LOVE cottage pie - pure comfort food, and the kids help!
Leek and Pulled Ham Bubble and Squeak with a Poached Egg
It’s always a wonder what to do with leftovers from a Sunday lunch. A few roast potatoes, a bit of cabbage, a spoonful of stray peas and perhaps a few overly crispy parsnips...
So many fillings to choose from with this delicious folded pizza!
Chicken, Sausage & Bacon Kebabs BBQ Recipe
Do your kids love to cook? They'll love helping with this
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here