Make a Jet Pack with DoCrafts
Some call it junk modelling, some recycling, whatever you want to call it, kids love using boxes and tubes from household products to make things! This project is perfect for that
1. Remove the pop-off lids from two recycled crisp tubes. Paint the tubes with white paint until well covered and leave to dry. Add a couple of top coats of metallic silver paint.
2. Cut four 1cm wide strips of silver cardstock and glue to the sides of the tubes. Layer up different sized and coloured foam stars and adhere down the centre of the tubes. Add some silver circles to the stars and in-between the gaps.
3. Die cut Blast Off' from funky foam for your child to apply down one of the tubes. Paint some small polystyrene balls in metallic silver paint and cover two medium polystyrene balls with glitter. Leave to dry. Glue the balls to the top of the tubes with the glitter balls in the centre.
4. Cut flames from orange, red and yellow felt. The next step is best left to an adult. Using a craft knife, cut a small cross in the plastic lids of the tubes. Push the ends of the felt flames through the cross.
5. Cut a square piece of cardboard slightly larger than the two rocket blasters placed next to each other. Paint the cardboard with silver paint. When dry, glue on the rocket blasters. Pierce a hole in each corner and thread ribbon through to create straps.
You are now ready for blast off!
Project by Beckie Dreyer, Creative Designer at docrafts.
For more projects, products and details on docrafts use the links below
Make a Window Kite
These funky kites are great fun to make and can be personalised in so many different ways.
Easter Cards with docrafts
These cards not only celebrate the arrival of Easter but also the arrival of spring!
Funky foam town
Little ones will love chugging their trains around ‘Funky Foam Town’, complete with colourful houses, lush green landscape and colourful pompom trees. Have a go at decorating your own little wooden train track or adapt the designs to make a stand-alone little village.
Carved pumpkin cake
Oh 'gourd', what a truly spook-tacular Halloween treat!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.