- Makes 4 Portions
- Suitable for freezing
- Preparation 10 minutes
- 30 minutes cooking time
- 180 C°, 350 F°, Gas Mark 4
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick celery sliced
- 1 small carrot grated
- 200 g cashews
- 100 g gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 100 ml stock
- 1 tsp yeast extract
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 o c. sauté the onion and celery in the oil until softened. add the grated carrot and cook for another 2 minutes. set aside.
- Grind the cashew nuts and mix with the breadcrumbs and the mixed herbs.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables. in a small saucepan, bring the stock to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yeast extract. add enough stock to the nuts and breadcrumbs to make a moist, but not sloppy, mix.
- Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stuff vegetables or roll into loose balls and bake for 20 minutes. Or can be used to fill your favourite veg.