Vanilla Chocolate Brownies
For those nights when it’s particularly dark and a bit rainy there is nothing like enjoying a steaming hot coffee or tea with a slice of something nice – a little bit of comfort food to cheer you up. And that is exactly what these brownies are, a rather decadent and moreish treat you can whip up in moments.
They are extremely easy to make, requiring only basic ingredients and take around 15 minutes to prepare though cooling time is a little longer. Enjoy them on their own or turn them into a pudding and serve with cream, caramel sauce or custard.
You’ll need one brownie tray
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g dark chocolate drops
- 400g soft light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 0.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- Handful of dark chocolate drops thrown in at the end
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Grease and line a brownie tray with baking parchment.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in microwave and mix until combined
- Mix in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in flour and cocoa and mix until combined.
- Throw in a handful of chocolate drops at the end and mix in.
- Cook for 45 minutes exactly. Err on the side of caution! Don’t cook for longer or top will burn.
- Cut into 12 slices once cool
- Enjoy on their own or with a splash of cream and some fresh berries.
This is courtesy of Fay Millar
About Fay Millar
Fay Millar is the face behind Gingerbread World which runs alongside her bespoke cake business, Brighton Cakes. Each year she and her team make hundreds of cakes. They have created everything from the Brighton i360 and the Harry Potter sorting hat to Paddington Bear and Lionel Richie out of cake. Gingerbread World is the gingerbread arm of Brighton Cakes, founded by Fay in 2013. After a successful career in journalism, Fay turned her attention from a notebook to a wooden spoon and started baking ‘seriously’. She is entirely self-taught, having loved baking with her mother from an early age. Jam tarts as a five-year-old gradually morphed into celebration cakes, sculpted cakes and sugar flowers and eventually a love of gingerbread. Raring2go! is delighted to be working with Fay. For more information please see https://www.gingerbreadworld.co.uk