- Makes 4 Portions
- Not Suitable for freezing
- Preparation 120 minutes
- 15 minutes cooking time
- 140 C°, 275 F°, Gas Mark 1
- 500g Mince Lamb
- 2 tbs Corriander
- 2 Onions very finely chopped
- 1 tbs Vinegar
- 1 tsp Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- Salt and Pepper
You will also need wooden or metal skewers. If using wooden make sure you soak them whilst the mix is chilling to prevent them from burning.
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the oil) together in a bowl, cover and chill for 2 hours
- Divide the mixture and shape around the skewers into sausage shapes. Ensure the meat is even all the way round
- If you are not cooking straight away, leave in fridge until you need them
- If cooking on a BBQ brush the Shish with oil and cook, turning regularly. You can also grill or griddle them.
- Serve with mint yoghurt, couscous or anything else that takes your fancy!
I leave some of the chilli out when feeding the children and sometimes increase it for us – it is a matter of taste but this recipe gives you a good base.