Chocolate chip pound cakes
Cakes Biscuits & Sweet Treats
- Makes 12 Portions
- Preparations 20 minutes
- 25 minutes cooking time
- 180 C°, 350 F°, Gas Mark 4
- 150g Billington’s Unrefined Light Muscovado Sugar
- 150g Billington’s Unrefined Golden Caster sugar
- 225g Butter (unsalted) (softened)
- 1.5 tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg(s) (free range) (large)
- 300g Self-raising white flour
- 0.5 tsp Baking powder
- 150ml Single cream
- 75ml Baileys
- 150g Milk chocolate chips
For the icing
- 100g Unrefined golden icing sugar
- 3 tbsp Baileys
- Cocoa powder (to dust)
Preheat the oven to 180C (fan 160C, gas mark 4). In a bowl cream together the sugars, butter and vanilla extract either with a wooden spoon or an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in the eggs, and fold in the flour, baking powder, cream and Baileys.
Fold the chocolate chips through and divide evenly between 12 mini loaf cases (available from major supermarkets). To make it easier to fill the mini loaf cases use a piping bag for the filling.
Bake in the oven on a baking tray at least 1cm apart for 25 – 30 minutes until risen and golden and springy to the touch and cool on a wire rack.
For the icing, mix the icing sugar with the Baileys and drizzle over the cooled cakes with a spoon and dust with a little cocoa powder.