Chicken breast roll garnished with Kalettes®
- Makes Makes 4 Portions
- Not Suitable for freezing
- Preparation 35 minutes
- 20 minutes cooking time
- 200 C°, 400 F°, Gas Mark 6
- 1 kg chicken breast fillets
- 2 peeled roasted red peppers
- 1 cup of white wine
- 8 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 350g Kalettes
- 500g baby potatoes
- Clarified butter
- Black pepper
- Boil the potatoes 20 minutes in a pan with water and one tablespoon of salt. Leave to cool and then peel them.
- Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper. Place a slice of roasted red pepper and Cheddar cheese on top of each fillet. Roll and tie with string them so they don’t lose their shape during cooking.
- Sear the chicken rolls with a knob of clarified butter in a frying pan until golden brown. Place on a tray and bake in the oven at 200ºC for 20 minutes. Add the white wine at the halfway point
- Remove the stems of the Kalettes®, clean and cook them in salted boiling water for around 10 minutes
- In the same pan used to fry the chicken, add a knob of butter and saut© the baby potatoes and Kalettes® for 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken roll with the cooking juice and the potatoes and Kalettes® as a garnish. Enjoy!
Kalettes®, are a natural hybrid between Brussels sprouts and kale, they emerged in 2011 as the result of the work of independent British seed house Tozer Seeds. First sold exclusively in M&S, the product soon appeared in Asda, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose.