Christmas Bubble and Squeak
5minutes cooking time
- 300 Cooked Kalettes® chopped up
- 400g Cold roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes
- 50g Goose fat
- Bacon, chipolatas, turkey or vegetables and any other meat left over like ham or goose.
- In a large bowl put the potatoes, Kalettes®, sliced bacon and turkey plus any other vegetables, stuffing or chipolatas that you have left over.
- Melt some goose fat or butter and add to the mix.
- Season the bubble and squeak with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Put a large non-stick pan on the heat and get it nice and hot, then add some more duck fat.
- Fry the mix over a high heat; keep turning it over as it begins crisp up. After a few minutes of crisping, press the mixture down to form a potato cake in the pan.
- Lower the heat and allow it to get really crispy before turning it out onto a plate.
- Serve with a fried egg for each person¦
KalettesÂ®, are a natural hybrid between Brussels sprouts and kale, they emerged in 2011 as the result of the work of independent British seed house Tozer Seeds. First sold exclusively in M&S, the product soon appeared in Asda, Sainsbury's and Waitrose.
Bored of Nut Loaf at Christmas? If you fancy a bit of a change to the usual vegan and vegetarian meals then try this tasty starter-one of a selection of recipes from Karin Ridgers.
Christmas Tree Cake Pop
These are really simple and so much fun for the kids!
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Easy, yet delicious-certain to make you feel Christmassy!
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Try the multi‑award winning online reading programme for ages 2–13. Designed by expert educators, it's the proven way to help your child learn to read and prepare for school while having fun.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read easy and fun for young kids — and it really works!