Explore Preston Park Museum & Grounds
Discover the Hall and its treasures. Experience what life was like in 1895 as you take a stroll down our replica Victorian Street. Outdoors let the kids explore our fantastic Adventure Play Park, complete with an impressive tree-top climbing frame and a dedicated area for toddlers.
Adventure Play Area Let the kids explore our fantastic Adventure Play Park, complete with an impressive tree-top climbing frame and a dedicated area for toddlers.
River & Woodland Walks Take a stroll around our lovely woodland and river walkways. They offer a beautiful place to unwind and discover plenty of wildlife all year round!
Skate Park Our fantastic Skate Park is hugely popular and certainly worth a visit, whether you’re practising your tricks or admiring the many skateboarders and BMX riders who occupy it.
Small Gauge Railway The Teesside Small Gauge Railway is a miniature railway run by volunteers. Closed in winter. Visit tsgr.co.uk for more information.
Butterfly World Discover a magical world of tropical trees and flowers, splashing waterfalls and colourful butterflies galore at Butterfly World! Plus, you can now meet meerkats and reptiles. Butterfly World is closed over winter. Find out more information here including ticket prices and opening times.
Get ready for one amazing journey as you step through the doors of Preston Park Museum!
- Explore the history and discover the ambitions of the two families that made Preston Park what it is today – the Fowlers (Georgian era) and the Ropners (Victorian era).
- See the famous The Dice Players painting by Georges de La Tour. Parts of this gallery are temporarily closed until summer 2022, whilst we transform the space.
- Discover how life has changed for people of Stockton over the last 200 years, including toys as well as everyday household appliances and what they did for entertainment.
- Regular programme of temporary exhibitions. This space provides the opportunity for organised groups to display their own objects and archives, supported by those from the museum’s collection.
- The shops on the Victorian Street are run by volunteers and whilst we do try to ensure they are open, there may be some occasions when they cannot due to availability.
For more information visit https://prestonparkmuseum.co.uk/