Baked Chicken Strips
Makes 2 Portions
- Not Suitable for freezing
- Preparation 5 minutes
- 20 minutes cooking time
- 190 C°, 375 F°, Gas Mark 5
- 50g desiccated coconut orground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 100g flour
- 75g breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder and onion powder (1 tsp of each)
- 2 chicken breast cut into strip/nugget sizes
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. (180°C fan)
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders into the flour
- Mix the coconut/almonds and breadcrumbs in a bowl
- Beat the 2 eggs in a shallow dish.
- Put the chicken strips though the flour,dust off the excess and coat with the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Place onto a parchment lined tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and the chicken is cooked inside.
- Serve with salad and homemade ovenbaked chips. (Can also be made using strips of cod instead of chicken)