Rocky Road recipe
- 150g butter
- 350g dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 250g Maryland cookies (or any cookies or biscuits of your choice!)
- 150g marshmallows
- icing sugar to dust on top
- Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup together in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Bash the cookies (in a plastic bag or inside a tea towel) with a rolling pin and aim to be left with big cookie chunks and crumbs too.
- Pour the crushed cookies into the choc/butter/syrup mixture.
- Pour in marshmallows and stir well.
- Pop the mixture into a tin and let it set in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once your Rocky Road is set, dust it with icing sugar and cut it into bars.
Chocolate Goo Cakes
We love making these easy Chocolate Goo cakes – so called as they have a delicious melted chocolate centre. The children love putting the chocolate chunk in the centre of each cupcake and covering it over!
Toffee Apple Cupcakes
We have a yummy recipe for you to try at home with your children!
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
Strawberry Mess Cupcakes
A twist on Eton Mess - cupcakes instead of a pudding-very tasty!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.