Rocky Road recipe
- 150g butter
- 350g dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 250g Maryland cookies (or any cookies or biscuits of your choice!)
- 150g marshmallows
- icing sugar to dust on top
- Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup together in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Bash the cookies (in a plastic bag or inside a tea towel) with a rolling pin and aim to be left with big cookie chunks and crumbs too.
- Pour the crushed cookies into the choc/butter/syrup mixture.
- Pour in marshmallows and stir well.
- Pop the mixture into a tin and let it set in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once your Rocky Road is set, dust it with icing sugar and cut it into bars.
Try these delicious nutella cupcakes - easy for the kids to make too!
Campfire Chocolate Orange Brownies
Next time you have a campfire going, get the kids involved in making these lovely chocolate orange brownies. Not only are they really easy to make, but they're great to eat too!
Try these tasty rainbow cookies with the children-loads of fun in making and eating!
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Your Mum will LOVE receiving something homemade from you this Mothering Sunday...take a look at our ideas here and make something extra special that can be treasured for years to come - from a homemade bunch of flowers (maybe placed on a tray of breakfast in bed, to a beautifully crafted photo frame with the children's faces smiling back at her...