Chocolate Goo Cakes
.Not Suitable for freezing
20minutes cooking time
.190 C°, 375 F°, Gas Mark 5
- 120g soft margarine
- 110g caster sugar
- 30g cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 110g plain or milk chocolate (cooking chocolate melts better but you can use normal chocolate if you wish)
- Icing sugar for dusting or icing pens for decorating.
- Put 12 cupcake or muffin cases in a cupcake/muffin cake tray.
- Put the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour and cocoa in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk beat together until smooth.
- Spoon half the mixture into the paper cases. Break the chocolate evenly into 12 chunks (depending on the number of cakes you are making) and place a piece of chocolate in the centre of each cake. Spoon the remaining mixture over the top, ensuring the chocolate is covered.
- Bake the cakes in a pre-heated oven, 190 degrees centigrade/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit/ gas mark 5, for around 20 minutes or until well risen.
- Leave the cakes for around 5 minutes and either dust with sifted icing sugar or use your icing pens to decorate and enjoy while still warm and the chocolate centre is gooey.
- The cakes can also be eaten cold but the goo turns instead to a lovely solid chocolate centre. Yum!
We love making these easy Chocolate Goo cakes – so called as they have a delicious melted chocolate centre. The children love putting the chocolate chunk in the centre of each cupcake and covering it over!