Chocolate Goo Cakes
20minutes cooking time
- 120g soft margarine
- 110g caster sugar
- 30g cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 110g plain or milk chocolate (cooking chocolate melts better but you can use normal chocolate if you wish)
- Icing sugar for dusting or icing pens for decorating.
- Put 12 cupcake or muffin cases in a cupcake/muffin cake tray.
- Put the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour and cocoa in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk beat together until smooth.
- Spoon half the mixture into the paper cases. Break the chocolate evenly into 12 chunks (depending on the number of cakes you are making) and place a piece of chocolate in the centre of each cake. Spoon the remaining mixture over the top, ensuring the chocolate is covered.
- Bake the cakes in a pre-heated oven, 190 degrees centigrade/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit/ gas mark 5, for around 20 minutes or until well risen.
- Leave the cakes for around 5 minutes and either dust with sifted icing sugar or use your icing pens to decorate and enjoy while still warm and the chocolate centre is gooey.
- The cakes can also be eaten cold but the goo turns instead to a lovely solid chocolate centre. Yum!
Dairy Free Cupcakes
Just because you can't eat dairy does not mean you should miss out on eating cupcakes...
We love these-store in a tupperware they last for ages (if they don't get eaten!!)
Microwave Mug Cake
Easy peasy 5 minute cake in a mug!
Crumble-topped Cheese & Ham muffins!
Simple & different savoury muffins which all the family will enjoy
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!