Chocolate Goo Cakes
20minutes cooking time
- 120g soft margarine
- 110g caster sugar
- 30g cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 110g plain or milk chocolate (cooking chocolate melts better but you can use normal chocolate if you wish)
- Icing sugar for dusting or icing pens for decorating.
- Put 12 cupcake or muffin cases in a cupcake/muffin cake tray.
- Put the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour and cocoa in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk beat together until smooth.
- Spoon half the mixture into the paper cases. Break the chocolate evenly into 12 chunks (depending on the number of cakes you are making) and place a piece of chocolate in the centre of each cake. Spoon the remaining mixture over the top, ensuring the chocolate is covered.
- Bake the cakes in a pre-heated oven, 190 degrees centigrade/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit/ gas mark 5, for around 20 minutes or until well risen.
- Leave the cakes for around 5 minutes and either dust with sifted icing sugar or use your icing pens to decorate and enjoy while still warm and the chocolate centre is gooey.
- The cakes can also be eaten cold but the goo turns instead to a lovely solid chocolate centre. Yum!
Rocky Road recipe
A firm favourite, Rocky Road. This recipe is very easy and simple to do and the results are scrumptious!
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
Strawberry Mess Cupcakes
A twist on Eton Mess - cupcakes instead of a pudding-very tasty!
Send your children to school with a Valentine's treat to brighten up their day!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.