Chocolate Goo Cakes
20minutes cooking time
- 120g soft margarine
- 110g caster sugar
- 30g cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 110g plain or milk chocolate (cooking chocolate melts better but you can use normal chocolate if you wish)
- Icing sugar for dusting or icing pens for decorating.
- Put 12 cupcake or muffin cases in a cupcake/muffin cake tray.
- Put the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour and cocoa in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk beat together until smooth.
- Spoon half the mixture into the paper cases. Break the chocolate evenly into 12 chunks (depending on the number of cakes you are making) and place a piece of chocolate in the centre of each cake. Spoon the remaining mixture over the top, ensuring the chocolate is covered.
- Bake the cakes in a pre-heated oven, 190 degrees centigrade/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit/ gas mark 5, for around 20 minutes or until well risen.
- Leave the cakes for around 5 minutes and either dust with sifted icing sugar or use your icing pens to decorate and enjoy while still warm and the chocolate centre is gooey.
- The cakes can also be eaten cold but the goo turns instead to a lovely solid chocolate centre. Yum!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Another tasty cupcake recipe!
Autumn Apple Cake
A delicious gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam and apple butter cream - if, like us, you have a surfeit of apples, make your own apple jam!
Chocolate Fudge Cakes
Moist, gooey, delicious tray bake
A fool proof recipe that the whole family will love to eat!
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!