Warm Summer Salad
10minutes cooking time
- 5-6 new potatoes
- Handful of green beans
- A small cup of baby peas (Petite Pois)
- 3-4 Button mushrooms sliced
- ½ leek
- 10-15 slices of ham (I used turkey ham)
- Salt & Pepper
- A packet of Brie Cheese
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite size chunks.
- Put them in a pot of boiling water and let them boil for about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the edges of the green beans and add them into the same pot.
- While they are boiling – for another 5 minutes, cut the mushrooms into slices and fry them in a hot pan with olive oil.
- Then cut the leek and add that to the pan and then add the peas.
- The potatoes and the green beans will be cooked enough by now, strain the water and add them to the pan with mushrooms and leeks.
- Slice the ham into strips and mix them all together.
- Then break the Brie cheese into small chunks and mix them with rest of dish – let it melt and season with salt and pepper.
Mackerel with Spinach (Macher Chorchori)
Based on the traditional Bengali dish known as ‘chorchori’ (medley) this is variation which I learnt to cook from my father
Rice and Raisin Pilaf
For a dinner party dish, you’ll be ‘hostess with the mostess’ with Cathryn’s delicious raisin and rice pilaf. This humble dish is a blend of both sweet and savoury flavours with a regal past, once served at banquets for Alexander the Great.
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
Tangy Chicken and Mango Fajitas
Why not join the fajita craze with taste developer Andrea Lembke, who’s serving up her favourite dish with a twist this summer with her favourite recipe for Tangy Chicken and Mango fajitas
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here