Warm Summer Salad
10minutes cooking time
- 5-6 new potatoes
- Handful of green beans
- A small cup of baby peas (Petite Pois)
- 3-4 Button mushrooms sliced
- ½ leek
- 10-15 slices of ham (I used turkey ham)
- Salt & Pepper
- A packet of Brie Cheese
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite size chunks.
- Put them in a pot of boiling water and let them boil for about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the edges of the green beans and add them into the same pot.
- While they are boiling – for another 5 minutes, cut the mushrooms into slices and fry them in a hot pan with olive oil.
- Then cut the leek and add that to the pan and then add the peas.
- The potatoes and the green beans will be cooked enough by now, strain the water and add them to the pan with mushrooms and leeks.
- Slice the ham into strips and mix them all together.
- Then break the Brie cheese into small chunks and mix them with rest of dish – let it melt and season with salt and pepper.
For when you’re looking to sneak your five-a-day into the kids’ diets with ease, Cathryn’s vegetable tagine is jam-packed with flavourful vegetables, and is as hearty as it is healthy.
Rice and Raisin Pilaf
For a dinner party dish, you’ll be ‘hostess with the mostess’ with Cathryn’s delicious raisin and rice pilaf. This humble dish is a blend of both sweet and savoury flavours with a regal past, once served at banquets for Alexander the Great.
Mexican Chicken and Mixed Pepper Fajitas
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Leek, Parsnip and Chestnut Soup
I’m a real soup lover and none are complete without the addition of leeks. However, rather than just using leeks as a background flavour, I really want to bring them to life, and pair them with ingredients they really love.
It’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Sarah from Xercise4Less gives Raring2go! some great ideas for family fun to keep fit and healthy. Don't get stuck indoors just because it is winter. Dark mornings, cold blustery evenings and it seems we would all rather reach for our duvet than even contemplate heading outdoors to get active! Remember it’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!