Chinese Take Away at Home
10minutes cooking time
- Blue Dragon Thai Green Curry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 200g baby aubergine & pea aubergine or substitute with regular aubergine & mushrooms
- Blue Dragon fish sauce and palm/caster sugar to taste.
- Gently fry the aromatic paste
- Stir in the coconut milk
- Add the dry & fresh ingredients
- Paste: Fry your meat in a splash of vegetable oil until cooked through, reduce heat to medium and add your paste and gently cook for a minute to release the flavours & aromas.
- Coconut Milk: Add the Coconut Milk and bring up to the boil.
- Dry Ingredients: Add the dry ingredients and vegetables (as we are not a big fan of aubergine, we only used mushrooms) and simmer for about 10 minutes until all infused with the flavours and cooked through. Serve with egg-fried rice.
The Blue Dragon Hamper included Noodles, Sweet Chilli Sauce, Soy Sauce, Thai Green, Black-bean Sauce, Chinese BBQ, Chopsticks, Apron and a Wooden Spoon. Its a great way to create your own take away. Our Tha Green Curry was one of the many dishes included in the Hamper.
Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
This makes the perfect side dish to accompany any Sunday roast. Made with a combination of oats and nuts this is something that will definitely wow your dinner guests.
Leek, Parsnip and Chestnut Soup
I’m a real soup lover and none are complete without the addition of leeks. However, rather than just using leeks as a background flavour, I really want to bring them to life, and pair them with ingredients they really love.
Warm Summer Salad
This is a great alternative to a traditional salad.
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!