Chinese Take Away at Home
10minutes cooking time
- Blue Dragon Thai Green Curry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 200g baby aubergine & pea aubergine or substitute with regular aubergine & mushrooms
- Blue Dragon fish sauce and palm/caster sugar to taste.
- Gently fry the aromatic paste
- Stir in the coconut milk
- Add the dry & fresh ingredients
- Paste: Fry your meat in a splash of vegetable oil until cooked through, reduce heat to medium and add your paste and gently cook for a minute to release the flavours & aromas.
- Coconut Milk: Add the Coconut Milk and bring up to the boil.
- Dry Ingredients: Add the dry ingredients and vegetables (as we are not a big fan of aubergine, we only used mushrooms) and simmer for about 10 minutes until all infused with the flavours and cooked through. Serve with egg-fried rice.
The Blue Dragon Hamper included Noodles, Sweet Chilli Sauce, Soy Sauce, Thai Green, Black-bean Sauce, Chinese BBQ, Chopsticks, Apron and a Wooden Spoon. Its a great way to create your own take away. Our Tha Green Curry was one of the many dishes included in the Hamper.
Rice and Raisin Pilaf
For a dinner party dish, you’ll be ‘hostess with the mostess’ with Cathryn’s delicious raisin and rice pilaf. This humble dish is a blend of both sweet and savoury flavours with a regal past, once served at banquets for Alexander the Great.
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Beef or Pork Ribs
The Stores chef Tim has a great recipe for BBQ ribs
Leek, White Bean and Smoked Haddock Stew
This hearty stew could just as easily be classed as a chunky soup. Leeks and smoked haddock are the perfect bedfellows. It’s really easy to prepare and uses very few ingredients.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.