Microwave Mug Cake
5minutes cooking time
- 4 tbsp self raising (SR) flour4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil
- A few drops vanilla or other essence (orange, peppermint etc)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips/nuts/raisins etc (optional)
- Use the largest mug you have to avoid it overflowing in the microwave!
- Add the flour, sugar and cocoa powder to the mug and mix.
- Add the egg to the mixture. Mix in as much as you can but don't worry if there's still dry mix left.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips etc (if you are adding) and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and/or the nuts/raisins and mix well.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on high for 4-5 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch. Watch it rise as it cooks!
Try these tasty rainbow cookies with the children-loads of fun in making and eating!
We love these-store in a tupperware they last for ages (if they don't get eaten!!)
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
This is a great treat for bonfire night - fill your pockets and enjoy whilst wrapped up watching the fireworks!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!