Microwave Mug Cake
5minutes cooking time
- 4 tbsp self raising (SR) flour4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil
- A few drops vanilla or other essence (orange, peppermint etc)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips/nuts/raisins etc (optional)
- Use the largest mug you have to avoid it overflowing in the microwave!
- Add the flour, sugar and cocoa powder to the mug and mix.
- Add the egg to the mixture. Mix in as much as you can but don't worry if there's still dry mix left.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips etc (if you are adding) and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and/or the nuts/raisins and mix well.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on high for 4-5 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch. Watch it rise as it cooks!
Chocolate Fudge Cakes
Moist, gooey, delicious tray bake
Chocolate Fudge Cake
This is a great chocolate cake & perfect for a celebration.
A fool proof recipe that the whole family will love to eat!
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!