.Suitable for freezing
160minutes cooking time
- 125ml Double Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Natural Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Icing Sugar
- Ready-Made Meringue Nest
- 4 Large Strawberries
- Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
* Mixing bowl
* Spring whisk or 2 forks
* Freezeproof Container with a lid or Margarine tube.
1. Wash your hands and put your apron on
2. Check you have all your ingredients
3. Whisk the cream in the bowl until it's light and fluffy. Then add the yoghurt and icing sugar to the cream and whisk it again.
4. Add the strawberries into the bowl and mash them with the back of a fork until they are squishy.
5. Hold the meringue nest over the bowl and crush it into your hands dropping it into the mixture and stirring it all in. Squeeze a little of fresh lemon into the bowl and give it a final mix.
6. Now pour the mixture into the freezeproof container and pop the lid on.
7. Put the container into the freezer for at least 2-3 Hours, or overnight. When serving homemade Strawberry Surprise ice cream make sure you take it out 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve the ice cream with some fresh berries.
Strawberries are packed with Vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants.