Traffic Light Puffs
20minutes cooking time
- 375g Puff pastry
- I med Egg, beaten
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red or green pesto
- 100g Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 small courgette
- Wash your hands and put your apron on
- Check you have all your ingredients
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 and grease the baking tray (GROWN UPS WILL HELP)
- Sprinkle the work area with flour and roll out the puff pastry
- Cut out 18 rectangles and score a line ¼ inch from edge to make a border.
- Using a fork prick holes all inside the border. Brush with egg. Cut out circles of yellow pepper about the same size as the tomato.
- Spread each rectangle with pesto and mozzarella.
- Top each rectangle with a courgette circle, then a cherry tomato half.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with some salad
Beef or Pork Ribs
The Stores chef Tim has a great recipe for BBQ ribs to share with the readers of Raring2go! Don't worry if the weather doesn’t hold – they’re just as good made in the oven as they are on the BBQ.
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Warm Summer Salad
This is a great alternative to a traditional salad.
Leek, White Bean and Smoked Haddock Stew
This hearty stew could just as easily be classed as a chunky soup. Leeks and smoked haddock are the perfect bedfellows. It’s really easy to prepare and uses very few ingredients.
It’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Sarah from Xercise4Less gives Raring2go! some great ideas for family fun to keep fit and healthy. Don't get stuck indoors just because it is winter. Dark mornings, cold blustery evenings and it seems we would all rather reach for our duvet than even contemplate heading outdoors to get active! Remember it’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!