Traffic Light Puffs
20minutes cooking time
- 375g Puff pastry
- I med Egg, beaten
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red or green pesto
- 100g Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 small courgette
- Wash your hands and put your apron on
- Check you have all your ingredients
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 and grease the baking tray (GROWN UPS WILL HELP)
- Sprinkle the work area with flour and roll out the puff pastry
- Cut out 18 rectangles and score a line ¼ inch from edge to make a border.
- Using a fork prick holes all inside the border. Brush with egg. Cut out circles of yellow pepper about the same size as the tomato.
- Spread each rectangle with pesto and mozzarella.
- Top each rectangle with a courgette circle, then a cherry tomato half.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with some salad
Chinese Take Away at Home
Its really easy, here is our Thai Green Curry...
Leek, White Bean and Smoked Haddock Stew
This hearty stew could just as easily be classed as a chunky soup. Leeks and smoked haddock are the perfect bedfellows. It’s really easy to prepare and uses very few ingredients.
Meatballs with tomato sauce.
Delicious homemade meatballs and tomato sauce - a perfect winter warmer!
Better than a takeaway! Use more or less spice to suit
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!