Easter egg fairy cakes
10minutes cooking time
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one at a time and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spoon into cake cases in a bun tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- The cakes are done when they are well-risen and golden brown and feel springy in the middle. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, make butter icing by mixing 100g butter, softened with 215g icing sugar and 1-4 tsp milk (if needed) and spread it over the top of the cakes, then add mini Easter eggs or mini chocolate buttons.
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
Who doesn't love these-and so easy for the kids to make!
Chocolate Rabbit Biscuits for Easter
These cute little biscuits don't just have to be rabbits...
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!