Easter egg fairy cakes
10minutes cooking time
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one at a time and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spoon into cake cases in a bun tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- The cakes are done when they are well-risen and golden brown and feel springy in the middle. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, make butter icing by mixing 100g butter, softened with 215g icing sugar and 1-4 tsp milk (if needed) and spread it over the top of the cakes, then add mini Easter eggs or mini chocolate buttons.
enjoy... Easter Cookies
Clairey Fairy Cakes shares their recipe for Easter Cookies
Chocolate Rabbit Biscuits
These cute little biscuits don't just have to be rabbits...
Spicy Easter Bunny Biscuits
Spicy Easter Bunny biscuits: easy to make and easy to enjoy!
Cream cheese Easter biscuits
These Easter biscuits are delicious iced or un-iced.
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle