Easter egg fairy cakes
10minutes cooking time
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one at a time and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spoon into cake cases in a bun tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- The cakes are done when they are well-risen and golden brown and feel springy in the middle. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, make butter icing by mixing 100g butter, softened with 215g icing sugar and 1-4 tsp milk (if needed) and spread it over the top of the cakes, then add mini Easter eggs or mini chocolate buttons.
enjoy... Easter Cookies
Clairey Fairy Cakes shares their recipe for Easter Cookies
Cream cheese Easter biscuits
These Easter biscuits are delicious iced or un-iced.
You cannot beat this classic carrot cake recipe...
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
Who doesn't love these-and so easy for the kids to make!
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.