Easter egg fairy cakes
10minutes cooking time
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one at a time and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spoon into cake cases in a bun tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- The cakes are done when they are well-risen and golden brown and feel springy in the middle. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, make butter icing by mixing 100g butter, softened with 215g icing sugar and 1-4 tsp milk (if needed) and spread it over the top of the cakes, then add mini Easter eggs or mini chocolate buttons.
Cream cheese Easter biscuits
These Easter biscuits are delicious iced or un-iced.
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
Who doesn't love these-and so easy for the kids to make!
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!