Easter egg fairy cakes
10minutes cooking time
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one at a time and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spoon into cake cases in a bun tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- The cakes are done when they are well-risen and golden brown and feel springy in the middle. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, make butter icing by mixing 100g butter, softened with 215g icing sugar and 1-4 tsp milk (if needed) and spread it over the top of the cakes, then add mini Easter eggs or mini chocolate buttons.
Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
Be inspired by these Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes from Annabel Karmel. Bake regular and mini party cupcakes and decorate these party cupcakes to make little marshmallow sheep
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Chocolate Rabbit Biscuits for Easter
These cute little biscuits don't just have to be rabbits...
Cream cheese Easter biscuits
These Easter biscuits are delicious iced or un-iced.
With Father's Day coming up this month we should celebrate the special 'Dad' figures in our lives...in our article we have given you a few ideas for days out and activities that you and your Dad can do together to have fun and build a great relationship - spoil him and make memories for you all as a family! Click here to find out more...
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!