Easter egg fairy cakes
10minutes cooking time
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one at a time and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spoon into cake cases in a bun tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- The cakes are done when they are well-risen and golden brown and feel springy in the middle. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, make butter icing by mixing 100g butter, softened with 215g icing sugar and 1-4 tsp milk (if needed) and spread it over the top of the cakes, then add mini Easter eggs or mini chocolate buttons.
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Lamb Ratatouille-A veg and lamb feast
Slow cooked leg of lamb with a delicious ratatouille sauce..
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Chocolate Rabbit Biscuits for Easter
These cute little biscuits don't just have to be rabbits...
Pets at Home
Head down to your local Pets at Home store during the summer holidays for a fantastic My Pet Pals activity workshop! Our My Pet Pals workshops help to teach children how rewarding pets can be and how to care for them responsibly. There's a truly hands-on approach to pet care, as well as loads of goodies..and the best bit is, it's all FREE! Book now
Delve into Durham
Delve into Durham's amazing history with a break in 2018 and see the past come to life at award winning attractions and events. Don't miss the Bodies of Evidence exhibition at Palace Green Library or visit the majestic Durham Cathedral. Take a tour of Medieval Raby Castle, or visit the magnificent Bowes Museum. You could even take a tram ride!