Easter egg fairy cakes
10minutes cooking time
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one at a time and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spoon into cake cases in a bun tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- The cakes are done when they are well-risen and golden brown and feel springy in the middle. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, make butter icing by mixing 100g butter, softened with 215g icing sugar and 1-4 tsp milk (if needed) and spread it over the top of the cakes, then add mini Easter eggs or mini chocolate buttons.
Lamb Ratatouille-A veg and lamb feast
Slow cooked leg of lamb with a delicious ratatouille sauce..
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Cream cheese Easter biscuits
These Easter biscuits are delicious iced or un-iced.
Chocolate Rabbit Biscuits for Easter
These cute little biscuits don't just have to be rabbits...
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.