Naughty but nice Limoncello Trifle
- Madira Cake (1 ½)
- Limoncello (½ bottle-oops)
- Lemon Curd (¾ jar)
- Mascapone Cheese (2 tubs)
- Lemons (2)
- Custard (1 tub)
- Merguines (3 nests)
- Slice the cake into thin slices (about 1 cm thick)
- Pour some of the Limoncello into a bowl and dip each slice of cake into it and the lie them in the bottom of your trifle dish
- Once the bottom of the dish is covered in slices of soaked cake spread a layer of lemon curd on top
- In a mixing bowl mix the juice and zest of 2 lemons with the mascapone cheese and then mix in 2 large tbs of lemon curd in
- Spread the mascapone mix over the lemon curd
- Repeat steps 1 and 2
- Pour over the custard
- Roughly crush the merguines and sprinkle on top
I saw a recipe for a limoncello trifle but typically when I wanted to make it I couldn't find it anywhere-so I just made my own up and it ended up a huge success! Very tasty! It got eaten so quickly I forgot to take a photo-a great excuse to make it again!
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Cooking with the Kids: Seasonal Fruit Tart
A classic fruit tart recipe that can be made with seasonal fruit, or the fruit that most appeals to the little mouths in your household.
These tasty fruit parcels can have any fruit inside!
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice cream is super good for you
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Try the multi‑award winning online reading programme for ages 2–13. Designed by expert educators, it's the proven way to help your child learn to read and prepare for school while having fun.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read easy and fun for young kids — and it really works!