All that remains of the original castle is the distinctive and highly decorative gatehouse-tower built by the wealthy Sir William Hylton, shortly before 1400. Originally containing four floors of self-contained family accommodation, its entrance front displays royal and family heraldry, including Richard II's white hart badge.
The grounds are open daily between 10am - 4pm
No access to building
FREE entry to grounds.