Mermaid Swimming Lessons, In At The Deep End
Why not channel your inner mermaid or merman with 'in at the deep end'?!
Our swim courses cover how to put on the tail, how to enter and exit the water, be able to move safely in the water, basic breath holding and some mermaid skills work which will lead to basic routines.
We then continue to progress throughout the lessons, building on the skills already learnt but also teaching more complicated movements including team work and core strengthening.
We have been providing affordable and effective swimming solutions to the North East of England for over 10 years. In at the deep end prides itself in being dynamic and forward thinking while retaining its small and family like feel. We aim to provide lessons at an affordable price while ensuring standards, quality and professionalism is second to none.
Our classes are staffed by fully trained MermaidsUK trained instructors who are also fully qualified Swim England and STA teachers. Quite a few of these are taught in house by our own trainer assessors to ensure high quality and impeccable standards.
Why choose us?
- Safety is our number one concern. We know from international research and renowned professionals how to ensure the sessions are safe and effective for all. This means all swimmers must be able to undertake our swim test before they can use the tails and fins.
- ALL equipment is provided for you;
- Like everything we do our activities are low cost and affordable lessons with no admin/set up or booking fees;
- Highly trained and qualified instructors;
- Staff who are all employed by the company to ensure we retain control over quality and also pay staff the appropriate wages, offer holiday pay and pensions - we don't cut costs by using self-employed staff!
- We are a small and local swim school with over ten years knowledge and experience to ensure your children are in the best hands;
- Experience has told us that people want to go away during holidays so, all lessons run term time only as we understand people do not want to lose money on things they cannot attend.
All participants must be:
- Minimum age 6 years old;
- Able to Swim 25 metres comfortably;
- Able to submerge your face fully whilst swimming;
- Able to tread water in both shallow and deep water;
- Able to lift your knees and turn 360 degrees in both directions;
- Able to demonstrate a basic dolphin kick for 5 metres.
Weekly term-time lessons take place at:
- Thornhill Academy - Saturday 11.15am to 12.00pm
- Castle View Community and Fitness Centre - Wednesday 6 to 6.30pm
Contact in at the deep end for availability.
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!