HARPENDEN FARMERS' MARKET
APRIL 2021 UPDATE: From April, the Farmers' Market will be taking place on Harpenden Common
There are several important changes & details to be aware of for the Farmers' Market. These changes are being implemented to create a safe environment where people feel confident to come and visit:
- The market will operate on a one in, one out queuing system to maintain a safe capacity
- There will be an easy access queue so that people with accessibility needs will be able to join the front of the queue
- Once inside the market, there will be a one-way route that attendees must follow
- All shoppers will need to adhere to social distancing guidelines while in the market
- For now, hot food traders will not be present at the market but we are able to facilitate all other stallholders
**Please note that we may have to close the Farmers' Market entry queue prior to 2pm. This is to ensure that everybody in the queue will have a chance to shop before the market closes at 2pm.**
Harpenden Farmers' Market takes place on the 4th Sunday of the month from 10.00am to 2.00pm and is run and organised by us at Harpenden Town Council.
The Farmers' Market accommodates approximately 70 stalls and is temporarily taking place at the Rothamsted Research Car Park; it normally runs northbound along the Lower High Street from Sainsbury’s Supermarket to Strutt & Parker.
- Sunday 25th April
- Sunday 23rd May*
- Sunday 27th June
- Sunday 25th July
- Sunday 22nd August*
- Sunday 26th September
- Sunday 24th October*
- Sunday 28th November* (12noon till 6pm, in line with Christmas Carnival)
- Sunday 19th December (moved to 3rd Sunday due to Christmas period)
Markets marked * are the 4th but not the last Sunday of the month.
The December market will be held on the third Sunday of the month in order to not fall in between the Christmas period.
Each Market finds a huge selection of produce available; for example:
- Meats, pies, sausages
- Preserves – pickles, jams and honey
- Vegetables and fruit
- Flowers and plants
- Fresh bread, cakes and pastries
- Beer, wine and liqueurs