- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, washed
- 0.5kg fresh tomatoes
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- Roast the squash and sweet potatoes in the oven for around 45 minutes.
- In a large pot gently fry the onions in a little oil until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the flesh from the potatoes into the soup, add the roasted squash, and then blitz with a food processor or blending stick.
- Season to taste and adjust consistency by adding more liquid to suit.
- Serve with natural yoghurt or finely chopped basil.
Enjoy this tasty and nutritious meal made from surplus squash that provides you with 437% of your recommended vitamin A, 52% of vitamin c and 10% or more of vitamin E & B
We save food and we change lives
FareShare saves good food destined for waste and sends it to over 6,700 charities and community groups who transform it into nutritious meals for vulnerable children and adults. The food we redistribute is fresh, quality and in date surplus from the food industry and the organisations we work with can be found all across the UK. These include breakfast and afterschool clubs for children in deprived areas. If you know of a school or nursery in need of free surplus food, please direct them to: http://www.fareshare.org.uk/fareshare-foodcloud/
Alternativley if you would like to volunteer at one of our regional centres to pick, pack and sort the food, visit: http://www.fareshare.org.uk/volunteering/
Other ways to get involved can be found here: http://www.fareshare.org.uk/get-involved/