Homemade Strawberry Jam
30minutes cooking time
- 3lb strawberries, hulled, washed and dried.
- Juice of one large lemon
- Pectin (Certo)
- 3lb granulated sugar.
- Place strawberries & lemon juice in a pan, simmer for 10 mins until juices have run.
- Mash the strawberries with a potato masher and simmer for 5 minutes until fruit has formed thick puree.
- Remove from heat
- Add pectin as directed on bottle.
- Add sugar and stir until it has dissolved. Bring to boil for 5 mins.
- Remove any surface scum that has formed.
- Using a tea spoon, take a portion of jam and pour onto a small plate. If the jam sets, it is ready. If jam is still runny, boil for a few more minutes and test again.
- Do not allow jam to cool. Immediately pour or ladle jam into sterilised jam jars. To prevent jars from cracking its best to pre-heat jars. Seal and cover the jars while still warm.
- Make your own labels with type of jam and date made (optional)
A little bit of homemade strawberry jam made from surplus fruit to go on top of a freshly made scone or anything you want the jam on. Life is just sweet and simple.
We save food and we change lives
FareShare saves good food destined for waste and sends it to over 6,700 charities and community groups who transform it into nutritious meals for vulnerable children and adults. The food we redistribute is fresh, quality and in date surplus from the food industry and the organisations we work with can be found all across the UK. These include breakfast and afterschool clubs for children in deprived areas. If you know of a school or nursery in need of free surplus food, please direct them to: http://www.fareshare.org.uk/fareshare-foodcloud/
Alternativley if you would like to volunteer at one of our regional centres to pick, pack and sort the food, visit: http://www.fareshare.org.uk/volunteering/
Other ways to get involved can be found here: http://www.fareshare.org.uk/get-involved/
A nod to St Patrick's Day, a delicious Guinness cake!
Rocky Road recipe
A firm favourite, Rocky Road. This recipe is very easy and simple to do and the results are scrumptious!
Very Cheesy Nibbles
These are sooo easy to make, and simply delicious!
Crumble-topped Cheese & Ham muffins!
Simple & different savoury muffins which all the family will enjoy
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!