I have been running Raring2go! Sheffield for 10 years this March, where have all those years gone! Our very first issue was Summer 2009, my son was so impressed at being a cover star back then, the novelty soon wore off though, think it lasted all of about 2 issues, so I then involved friends kids too! This year I want to get more local children involved, so please make sure you follow us on Facebook to find out more and how you can put your child forward to be a future cover star with us…… Our Facebook page is Raring2go! Sheffield.
My 3 cover stars who share our March birthday and are also 10 this year are
Madeleine - Birthday 16th March
Loves singing and dancing. Attends Razzamataz Theatre School and Spotlight for ballet and tap. She loves Ariana Grande and is a keen swimmer. She also loves gymnastics and would love to be a pop star!
Sam - Birthday 6th March
Loves Football, reading, playing on his PS4 and plays the guitar. He plays football for Wisewood Juniors, has a season ticket for Sheffield United and would love to be a professional footballer when he's older.
Isabel - Birthday 21 March
Loves to read, attends brownies and loves to get creative with arts and crafts. She loves animals and wants to work in a zoo with sloths when she is older.
What else happened in 2009?
- Movies that launched – Avatar, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Up, Star Trek, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel and the Academy award for best picture was Slumdog Millionaire.
- After allegedly striking a flock of geese, US Airways Flight 1549, en route from La Guardia Airport, New York, to Charlotte, N.C., is forced to land in the Hudson River. All 150 passengers and 5 crew members survived. The pilot, Chelsey B. ‘Sully’ Sullenberger III, was hailed as the 'Hero of the Hudson’ for his quick thinking and deft landing of the plane.
- Scientists find water on the Moon during NASA’s Lcross mission. The Lcross satellite, sent to look for water, was comprised of two parts: a satellite meant to crash into a crater near the Moon’s south pole, and a spacecraft that measured the findings of that crash. At least 26 gallons of water were found.
- Chinese Zodiac – 26 Jan 2009 to 13 Feb 2010 was the year of the Ox.
- Michael Jackson died, The 50 year old pop legend was pronounced dead at his home in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles.
- Cardiff City FC moved into their new Cardiff City Stadium, a 27,000 capacity all- seater venue, after 99 years at Ninian Park.
- Chelsea won the FA Cup after beating Everton 2-1.
- Manchester United won the Premier League for the third consecutive year. They also won the Carling cup, beating Tottenham Hotspur 4-1 on penalties. The scores stood level at 0-0 after 90 minutes and extra time.
- Scientists unveil the fossilized remains of a 47 million year old primate, allegedly the ancestor of humans, as well as other modern primates. Nicknamed ‘Ida’ the first discovery of its kind – it is almost completely intact!
Thanks to Rachael from Images by Rachael for doing this photshoot, you can find out more about her HERE....