Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
30minutes cooking time
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Onions
- 2 Corguettes
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Celery
- Passatta or tomatoes cooked down
- 1 tbs Mixed Herbs
- 500ml Vegetable stock (optional-makes the dish go further)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A handful of Mushrooms
- 1 leek
- Chop all of the veg nice and small so that it cooks quicker.
- Drizzle a little oil into a large saucepan and soften the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add all of the other vegetables and soften slightly.
- Add chopped tomatoes or passatta and stock and cook for 20mins.
- Remove from the heat and blitz until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser.
- You can freeze this in smaller batches and just defrost the right portions as and when you need.
Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Chinese Take Away at Home
Its really easy, here is our Thai Green Curry...
Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
The perfect side dish to accompany any Sunday roast.
Warm Summer Salad
This is a great alternative to a traditional salad.
Mackerel with Spinach (Macher Chorchori)
Based on the traditional Bengali dish known as ‘chorchori’ (medley) this is variation which I learnt to cook from my father
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Get 20% off Wallace & Gromit's Musical Marvel
Wallace performs his musical masterpiece My Concerto in Ee Lad with help from his faithful canine companion Gromit…what could possibly go wrong?! This interactive experience has specially created animations and a live orchestral accompaniment. Use your Raring2go! Membership to get 20% off tickets.
It’s set to be a grand day out for the whole family!