Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
30minutes cooking time
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Onions
- 2 Corguettes
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Celery
- 1 tbs Mixed Herbs
- 500ml Vegetable stock (optional-makes the dish go further)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A handful of Mushrooms
- 1 leek
- Chop all of the veg nice and small so that it cooks quicker.
- Drizzle a little oil into a large saucepan and soften the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add all of the other vegetables and soften slightly.
- Add chopped tomatoes or passatta and stock and cook for 20mins.
- Remove from the heat and blitz until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser.
- You can freeze this in smaller batches and just defrost the right portions as and when you need.
Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
The perfect side dish to accompany any Sunday roast.
A lovely pie-perfect with mash and veg..nice and comforting!
Chip shop cod fillets
Served with homemade curry sauce, chips & minted mushy peas.
Treat the family to pizza with a difference
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here